Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Advent

This is our new advent calendar, I bought one for a friend and liked it so much I decided to buy one for us. (And thanks to the nice man at Kikki K Broadway, I got both for 20% off and possibly the very last one in stock in Australia).

I don't know much about Advent, I really like Byron's explanation here, and I think using the calendar each year will be helpful for us to remember that Christmas is about Jesus and not stress, presents and craziness.

In each pocket there is a bible verse telling part of the Christmas story and a piece of a nativity scene or a decoration for the Christmas tree.

I'm planning on blogging our advent adventure each day so that you can all join in :-)

1 comment:

  1. Nice! We've been trying to come up with good ways to mark the Advent period. I like the verses in each pocket idea - clever.

    ReplyDelete