Friday, January 21, 2011

Bye Bye Nappies!

Yesterday we put most of Aston's nappies in a box and now he wears Big Boy Undies!

We had talked about it for a few days, he was quite keen on the idea of getting rid of the nappies but as I placed the box on top of my wardrobe there were a few tears.

Day one wasn't too bad, there were a few accidents, lots of trips to the potty with no results and one decent wee... I think he still needs some practice but that's ok

We attempted toilet training a few weeks ago and at this stage I was quite discouraged. Since then I've read "The No Cry Potty Training Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. She says learning to go to the toilet is like any other skill, you wouldn't expect a baby to know how to walk perfectly after one day so why expect him to know how to use the potty perfectly after one or even three days?

It makes perfect sense and I don't know why I expected Aston to unlearn almost 2 years of nappy training in a just few days!

So, here we are again, there may be wet undies and wet floors but day by day Aston is learning more and more!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. so were the tears from you or Aston??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears from Aston, it was kind of cute.

    To others I forgot to say we have kept some nappies for night time and sleeps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:20 pm

    Very cute photo! It has 21st written all over it :)

    ReplyDelete