Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Consistency

"Balance is important to you. You are keenly aware of the need to treat people the same, no matter what their station in life, so you do not want to see the scales tipped too far in any one person’s favor. In your view this leads to selfishness and individualism. It leads to a world where some people gain an unfair advantage because of their connections or their background or their greasing of the wheels. This is truly offensive to you. You see yourself as a guardian against it. In direct contrast to this world of special favors, you believe that people function best in a consistent environment where the rules are clear and are applied to everyone equally. This is an environment where people know what is expected. It is predictable and evenhanded. It is fair. Here each person has an even chance to show his or her worth."

This is sooooo me! It even works backwards, if Stu buys his lunch I feel like I'm entiltled to buy mine - fair enough you say, if I buy my lunch I feel like he should be entitled to buy his (which is random because he doesn't really care whether he buys lunch or has a cheese and pickle sandwhich from home).

Just today I was having a conversation about double standards and how much they annoy me!

1 comment:

  1. i think its about 25 USD a kilo for us to send something to you, that was the price in jan 07, it might ahve gone up a bit by now, maybe you can get angs shoes and weigh them?

    ReplyDelete