Saturday, July 09, 2011

Crafty

On Wednesday I took my neices to a Craft Workshop at Gleebooks in Dulwich Hill. The workshop was run by Kelly Doust who wrote "The Crafty Kid" and "The Crafty Minx".

Aston was supposed to come too but he was too sick. After Chloe and Meg had finished creating their craft, (Meg decorated a singlet for her new baby cousin and Chloe created some fabric art to hang on the wall). They wanted to choose some fabric to give to Aston, one of the pieces they chose had a picture of a camera on it.




Aston likes to pretend to take photos so I thought I would attempt to be crafty and create a fabric/pillow camera for him to play with.

First I cut out the camera shape with a piece of backing fabric the same size and pinned them together inside out.




Then I sewed the two pieces together. I had a lot of trouble with the sewing machine - not sure if the problem is me or it- but I got there in the end.



Next I cut up some old PJ's from the rag bag into strips for the stuffing.



Then we stuffed our pillow




And here is the finished product!



Say 'cheese'

No comments:

Post a Comment