Saturday, February 03, 2007

Why I need to learn how to drive and have my own car...


Yes it's true, I'm 28 (almost 29) and I still don't have a drivers licence. Last year I sat for my L's and passed so now I have my third Learners Permit, although the last one I had expired in 1999. Learning to drive is just something I haven't really gotten round to doing yet.

I also have a lovely little Acer Aspire 3620 Laptop, not the most sophisticated piece of technology but it does all I need it to do and recently I've discovered it's kind of hard to do my job without it.

How are these two things related? I hear you ask. Well, Ihave had my laptop for about 8 months and for most of that time it has had a small gray splodge on the screen (aka an abnormal block of colours), it's speakers also made a high pitched buzzing noise whenever there was nothing playing through them. As I have a 12 month warranty policy I decided I should ring the Acer support people and see if they would be kind enough to fix my computer. They said they would, however...

The Acer repair place is located in Flemington, opening hours 9am to 5pm, and it was my task to get my computer to them. This is where the whole drivers licence plus car thing would be helpful, my usual chauffer (aka Stuart, aka husband) was unable to asisst me as he has other regular commitments between 9-5 on weekdays (aka full time employment).

My only option then was... Public Transport!

On the map it looked like the place I was going to was very close to Lidcombe station, convieniently located on the Inner West Line, as is Stanmore where I live. I packed all I would need for such a long intense journey and set out.

What will happen next? Will Bec survive her trek to Lidcombe? Wil her computer be repaired? Stay tuned to find out more...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:03 pm

    Oh the suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! Bec!!!! Lidcombe is not far away!!! i'm 2 stations away!!!

    work is going well....

    ReplyDelete