Thursday, October 21, 2010

First water change

I've just performed a small water change, it's been 6 days since the fish were introduced into the tank and all the stats are looking good. Thankfully so are the fish! They tried to eat my fingers as I was holding the siphon in the water, it's a very strange feeling having fish nibble your fingers.

Fish stats
15/10
pH 10.4
NH3 0ppm
NO2 0.25ppm
Fish introduced

17/10
pH 9.6
NH3 0ppm
NO2 0.25ppm

21/10
pH 9.6
NH3 0ppm
NO2 0ppm
Water change

Ideally the pH could be a bit lower but 9.6 is ok, I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

I think buying the used gravel helped in starting off the biological filter. Ammonia levels at 0 mean that the fish waste had been converted to nitrite. Today's nitrite level was 0 which means the second part of the biological filter has kicked in. Yay for bacteria :-)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment